GAAP Training & Support
GAAP has built up a solid name in the hospitality industry over the past 35 years for support excellence. We pride ourselves in professional support and being available 24/7, 365. We strive to resolve issues timeously as we fully understand that minimising down time with your POS positively affects your bottom line. With 20 branches throughout the country, we offer on-site support anywhere in South Africa. We have the highest technician-to-customer ratio amongst our competitors, ensuring availability of support assistance when you need it most.
As part of our on-going strategy to deliver more value to our clients, GAAP offers free training to all our customers to ensure that they get the most out of our solution and streamline operations. We offer free Cloud-Based Training or face-to-face training at our main offices .
Five Easy Ways To Log A Case:
Logging A Case
Click the support icon on any point-of-sale terminal to log a case to support. You'll get an immediate notification with a case number and join a priority queue without ever having to speak to a call logger.
Logging A Case on G-Live
From your G-Live App click the Support Tab to log a case to support. You'll get an immediate notification with a case number and join a priority queue without ever having to speak to a call logger.
4) Email Case
Logging A Case
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Account Number in the subject to automatically log a support case with our call-centre and your case will be attended to by the next available support agent. You will receive an immediate response with your case number and your case will join a priority queue.
5) GAAP National Call-Centre
0861 745 260
If the issue can’t be resolved telephonically or remotely then our Call-Centre will dispatch a technician on-site in the relevant region.
Book yourself on the next available training session.
As part of our on-going strategy to deliver more value to our clients, GAAP offers FREE training country-wide. We hold classroom environment training sessions weekly in all major centres. Our classroom training sessions will maximise the benefit you get from your investment; from basic system operation and daily stock checking, to the more advanced features such as manufacturing and food cost calculations.
A basic understanding of the GAAP Back Office module:
- How to edit menu items, stock items and recipes.
- How to do a Goods Received Note (Purchase Invoice).
- How to count and enter stock
- A general understanding of certain history reports
- Enough to get you comfortable with your Back Office Module.
A more in-depth look at GAAP:
- How to set budgets
- Manufacture goods in-house.
- Portion control.
- Weekly food cost analyses.
- How to create automatic purchase orders etc.
- We also go through every report in detail and show you how you could possibly minimise your losses.
For those clients who are using GAAP to the fullest extent.
- We will personally come to your store, go through the system and walk you through every aspect of GAAP in your business.
- This is ONLY if you have been to the two previous training sessions within a year.
Book yourself on the next available training session:
You can book yourself on the next available training session by Filling out Online Training Request Form Below.
points to consider about the back-office training session:
- It is imperative that the site owner has a good understanding of the GAAP package, and it is highly recommended that they attend a training session before or with their managers.
- A senior staff member is required to attend the back-office training session BEFORE stock is loaded onto your system.
- The member attending must be computer literate.
Alternatively you can book a training session by calling the National Call Centre.
0861 745 260.
- GAAP Hospitality Training Manual Combined
- MODULE 1 – Basics of Stock Control
- MODULE 2 – Hospitality Back Office
- MODULE 3 – Basic System Maintenance
PDF | Video 1 | Video 2 | Video 3 | Video 4 | Video 6 | Video 7 |
- MODULE 4 – The Ordering System
PDF | Video 1 | Video 2 | Video 3 | Video 4 | Video 5 | Video 6 | Video 7
- MODULE 5 – Stock Taking | PDF | Video 1
- MODULE 6 – Month End Procedures
- MODULE 7 – History Reports
- MODULE 8 – Debtors & Creditors
- MODULE 9 – Other Stock Procedures
PDF | Video 2 | Video 3
- MODULE 10 – Other Sales Features
PDF | Video (a) | Video (b)
- MODULE 11 – Management Overview Report
- MODULE 12 – New Stock Take Module
- Point of Sale Training Manual
- POS Basic Cashup Procedures
- How to Setup Debtor Groups
- Income Statement Setup
- Web Reporting
- Touchscreen Modifiers
- GAAP Pricing Levels
- Updating Tax Percentage
- How to Calculate the Difference in VAT
- Operating Instruction Non Drive Thru Intercom System
- ION All In One Headset VERY Important Information
- Zoom Timer Quick Reference Guide
- Dash Operating Instructions
- HME ION IQ Wireless Intercom Operating
- SYS 6000 Wireless IQ Operating Instructions
- SYS 6001 Mini Intercom Operation
- HME System 30 Timer Install Printer Paper
- ION Headsets Quick Ref Guide
- System 30 Timer Quick Ref Guide